So, the foremost priority of the recruiter is to analyze the hidden mistakes that occur at the time of shortlisting candidates. Some of the common mistakes made by the recruiters are listed below:
- The tests which are given by the candidates are checked manually instead of computerized checking. It is not only wasting the time of the concerned managers but also enhances the chances of committing mistakes. The results carried out by the concerned manager may include personal prejudice.
- It is very hard to monitor candidates all the time for preventing cheating, especially when you are calling candidates at your office premises in groups for giving a written test.
- There is a lack of organized structure of the hiring process which is mostly ignored by the employers. They overlook this first step i.e. getting the pre-screened candidates rather they call candidates for giving written tests or interviews just by going through their resumes. From here the chances of selecting less skilled applicant increases as numerous people put exaggerated facts in their resumes.
In order to eliminate the above mentioned mistakes you must read the following steps:
- For getting accurate results in a short span of time, it is advisable to take various skill assessments for testing candidate’s capabilities.
- For eradicating cheating, you must conduct online tests which has the facility of webcam proctoring. It ensures that the candidate is not using unfair means to pass the test.
- For reducing the risk of selecting less skilled applicants, you must get the pre-screened candidates as it filters those candidates who have put exaggerations in their resumes by taking the required assessments.
You can also purchase the skill assessment tools for hiring a reliable candidate. A study also reveals that those companies who use skill assessment tools are more satisfied with their new recruitments as compared to those who do not use it.
Advantages of Skill Assessment Tools
Skill assessment tools prove to be beneficial in the hiring process in several ways, some of them are mentioned below:
Offers Authentic Tests
While hiring candidates for a particular job role it is necessary to take the test which consists of good questions that can help in evaluating the skills of candidates easily. With the help of the assessment tools, you will not be able to take the test for one or two candidates rather you can send it to as many as job applicants you wish to! Moreover, you can also make new tests for all candidates as per your requirements.
An Expert Says, “The best indicator of future job performance is to give the candidate a work sample test; a task that the candidate will be doing at the job”
Helps in Avoiding Unwanted Candidate
At times, job seekers put exaggerated information about their experience and qualifications on their resume and during the interview they make themselves sound knowledgeable. It becomes necessary to ignore these candidates as they can also spoil the company's image in the market by carrying out the incomplete or inappropriate work in front of the clients. In order to avoid such circumstances occurring at your workplace, it is advisable to have an assessment tool that can filter those candidates who add false information about their knowledge and experience by assessing their skills.
Ensures Conducting Fair Tests
By adding the assessment tool in the recruitment process you can easily ensure that the test is conducted in a fair manner as there is a facility of using a remote proctoring through webcam. It can be easily used at any time and anywhere by the candidate.
Assist in Saving Time
As we all know that recruiting candidates is the most time taking process which may cause loss of productivity and revenue. There are also chances of losing the creamy layer candidates because they lose interest and accept substitute offers due to delays in the results of tests taken by the organizations. The assessments help in eradicating these unwanted situations before it occurs. It easily provides the quick test results of various sections and saves the time spent in checking each and every test given by the candidates.
If you also want to have the above advantages then you should not think twice before scrutinizing the Google search engines and contacting Mytat as we offer the assessment tools at a reasonable price! Here is the link of Mytat's official website http://mytat.co/